HOW IS METAMUCIL DIFFERENT?
Not All Fibres Are Created Equal.
Sure, fibre supplements are a convenient way to increase your daily fibre intake. But what you may not have realized is that not all fibres are the same. Metamucil® is the only leading fibre supplement brand containing 100% natural psyllium fibre. Psyllium husk, a natural dietary fibre originating from plantago ovata, has been the source of both soluble and insoluble fibre in Metamucil® for 80 years. Studies suggest that the psyllium in Metamucil works differently. The psyllium fibre in Metamucil® forms a viscous gel that traps some bile acids (made from cholesterol) and gently removes them from your body. This gel also traps some carbohydrates and sugars, allowing them to be more slowly absorbed by the body. This gelling property of psyllium proves the multi-health benefits of Metamucil®.*
The psyllium fibre in Metamucil offers MultiHealth benefits:
- Soluble viscous fibre dissolves in water and forms a gel-like material in the digestive tract that helps lower cholesterol as part of your diet.Sources include oats, barley, fruits, legumes (beans and peas), and psyllium.
- Insoluble fibre does not dissolve in water. Insoluble fibre can add bulk to the stool. Sources include wheat bran, whole grain cereals and breads, and many vegetables.
Most plant-based foods contain both types in varying amounts. For good health, it’s best to eat a wide variety of high-fibre foods. The psyllium fibre in Metamucil offers MultiHealth benefits:
- Feel lighter and more active
- Helps body’s natural toxin removal process via cleansing effect.
- Helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels
- Is a daily cleanser for your insides